24.4.11

.ε*



I live at the corner of old Montmartre
my father returns drunk every night
and the four of us are fed (And in order to feed us)
My poor mother works at the washhouse
I am sick, I dream through my window
I look people pass
when the day comes to vanish
there are things that brought me a little fear
in my street there are people who take a walk
I hear their whispers in the night
when I’m sent to sleep nourished by the corny old tunes
I am suddenly waken from the cries
the final whistle, to stop those lurking, who come and go
then the silence that makes me cold in every heart
in my street there are ghosts who take a walk
and I shake and I am cold and I am afraid
my father he tells me one day: “ daughter,
you will not stay here forvever
you are good at nothing, this is familly
You ought to try to find a way to...
the men find you rather pretty
You'd only have to go out [to work] at night
there are good women who earn their living
in “ dangling themselves over the sidewalk” 
In my street there are women who take a walk

I hear them sing softly in the night
when I’m sent to sleep nourished by the corny old tunes
I am suddenly am waken from the cries
the final whistle, to stop those lurking, who go and come
then the silence that makes me cold my whole heart
in my street there are women who take a walk
and I shake and I’m cold and I’m afraid
And now it's already been weeks and weeks that
I have no longer a home, money
I don't know how the others make it through
but I didn’t try looking for clinets 
I asked all people who passed by for charity
a piece of bread, a little bit of warmth
I had however not much of boldness
now it is me who makes them afraid
in my street all nights I go for a walk
they hear me sob in the night
when the wind drops from the heavens it's corny old tune
all my body is ice for the rain
but I can’t anymore, I waited ceaselessly (for the good god to come)
an invitation to be warmed all near him
in my street there are angels who are taking me away
for always my nightmares are finished
...




*my mirror

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: